Pursuit of My Soulmate

4:38 AM Biebek Chamlagain 8 Comments


"It would be a joy for you to break my heart." I stole this line from the iconic love film "Fault in Our Stars" to break the ice with her exactly 21 days, 14 hours, and 48 minutes ago. Three days later, our Facebook status changed to "In a relationship." For the next few days, she tagged me in her lovey-dovey posts, and I dutifully replied, "So precious, baby."

Little did I realize that my first love would dump me in three weeks for a guy who looked no younger than Morgan Freeman. This beyatch's kid was a senior in my college and had recently purchased a brand new KTM Duke. Furthermore, one of my classmates informed me that he was the person who knotted my girl's Rakhi last year.

"She does not deserve you," I said dryly to myself.

By the way, my name is Nimesh, I'm 20 years old, and I'm 6 feet tall. Despite my height, I am incredibly slim. Mega Mass, red buff meat with beer, my mother's herbs, masturbation abstinence, you name it, I've tried everything just to build some body mass. But there's something unique about my hair. Nobody has ever complimented me on my black, dense hair, but I adore it. My hair could do everything: mohawk, cowclick, pompadour, and comb over. I got the impression that this girl, whose name I will not reveal, had fallen for my hair.






Allow me to give you a more in-depth look at myself: I was a traveler, like the clouds in the sky. I was okay with being single until I saw this post on a Facebook page. The article stated "Did you know... If you don't find a girlfriend before the age of 21, you will die single." I was 8 months away from turning 21, and I had been single my entire life. After seeing that post, I began experiencing nightmares. That post inspired me to fall deeply and madly in love. As a result, my quest for my soulmate began. To prepare, I began watching YouTube videos about "how to approach ladies" and "Ways to Get a Girlfriend" and memorized numerous pick-up lines. After all this effort, I was able to woo the girl I believed to be my soul mate and the person I would spend the rest of my life with. I had even planned the names for our children. Despite becoming her sycophant, my first love barely lasted three weeks. I had discarded the notion that I would fall in love again.

I was ruminating on a lot of depressing things about my relationship while riding a bus home after my breakup. The "Insta ko Photo" song was playing when I boarded the bus. The following song, Euta Manche ko Maya le Kati by Narayan Gopal, simply exacerbated to my already aching heart.

"Consider Romeo and Juliet, Jack and Rose from Titanic, Bajirao & Mustani, or even our own Muna and Madan. True love stories are doomed to an unhappy conclusion, " I comforted myself.


My own depressing thoughts had completely consumed me when this fairy from paradise stepped onto the bus. She settled into the back facing backward seat behind the driver's. Like the majority of us, she began using her smartphone while sitting with her legs crossed. What can I say regarding this girl? Upon catching a brief glance at her, my jaw gaped, my eyes became wider, and my heart began to beat more frantically. The cool breeze from the window fanned her elongated black curls at times, which simply accentuated her divine beauty. A few of her hairs swung forward to touch her brows, which she tucked lovingly behind her ears.

Oh Boy! I felt as though I were falling into quicksand upon witnessing this sight. I recognized I was in L-O-V-E for the second time in my life after looking into her enigmatic eyes, those dark coffee bean eyes; her eyes made the recognition so clear. .. I had heard that time is a great healer, but I had no idea that I would recover so soon. My heartache was gone within a few seconds. This certainly had to be her spell. So, yes, I fell in love all over again—this time at first sight with this girl, who had previously been a myth to me.

I kept gazing at her, scrutinizing every possible detail. The song "Lagchha mann her rahau ek nasai timi lai" was playing at this point. "No wonder music is a human's best friend," I told myself.


She seemed to be a few years older than me, possibly in her early twenties. But a great person once remarked, correctly, that love knows no bounds and that age is just a number. I didn't blink as I kept ogling this magnificent treasure. She pulled a bottle of water out of her backpack and started drinking, thinking perhaps it was the heat. She had water drips running down her pink lips when the bus crossed a little ditch, which made me think of my Bollywood crush, Katrina Kaif, in the Mango Slice commercial. More captivating than Katrina enjoying those delicious mangoes in that advertisement was the way she sipped water. I even noticed a protruding canine on her. Initially, I thought that only our Rashtriya Bhauju, Swastima Khadka, would look cute with such flaws. But she looked even cuter than Swastima. Clearly, this girl was creating some stir in my heart. She was without a doubt my soulmate. 

We suddenly locked eyes, and she shot me a look that said, "Are you looking me out?" I hastily feigned to gaze out the window. I couldn't help but stare at my soulmate; nevertheless, I couldn't make the situation worse by doing so. My sunglasses caught my attention as they were dangling from a shirt button that I had just purchased. It was then that I realized my shades were coming to my aid. Men, remember to always carry a sunglass when you are outside, ALWAYS!

I wished I could have spoken with her for a short while. But I lacked the nerve to speak to anyone, much less a girl I didn't know. I had a sudden urge to talk to her and a fire in my stomach, but when I burped, I realized it was acidity. You stupid, I chided myself, "These things only occur in movies."

The bus then stopped at the bus park, which is when my worst fear finally materialized. She followed suit as other passengers started to exit the bus. She stepped into a taxi and sped away before I could reach her. I considered renting a taxi to follow her, but I had already spent my last 500 rupees taking my ex-soulmate to an opulent cafe for just two cups of coffee in order to fund a kiss. But I don't regret making that investment in my previous relationship. So, until she was no more in my line of sight, I watched her drive away in her taxi.

"When a person truly desires something, the entire universe conspires to help that person achieve his dream," I told myself, hoping to run into my soulmate again. So, I started humming and promenading towards home.

In fact, Paulo Coelho lives up to his claims. What happened when I got home would shock you. There she was, my soul mate, in our living room. Yes, there she was, lounging on a couch and admiring the fish in our aquarium—the girl I had just met on the bus. Her enigmatic eyes met mine as she cast her gaze upon me, those enigmatic eyes!

Just as I was going to introduce myself, my mother entered from the kitchen and said, "Nimesh, you're back home, my boy. Meet your cousin Disha, and please, greet her by touching her feet."

8 comments:

  1. Small details, well described. That ending though. Fun to read details like of Diego Costa and Morgan Freeman and many more eventually..... Overall a good one. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really a light hearted humor with so many teeny-weeny details. Enjoyed the way of your imagination and also I found it to be easily relatable. Anyone who reads this can find him/herself at some point of this story and that's for sure��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahhahaha I'm flattened as the character Nimesh at the end.. loved the each detailed and beutiful saying included �� keep it up... want some more beautiful story soon����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sadichha didi...I am trying to write as often as I can.

      Delete

Your honest feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome.